Dan Kubler and Jonjo O'Neill are the 2020 winners of the Lycetts Team Champion Award, which celebrates the British racehorse training yards with the highest standards of employee management.
The former won the category for yards with fewer than 40 horses; and the latter won the category for yards with 40 or more horses.
2020 Lycetts Team Champion Award, less than 40 horses in training, the winning team with Dan Kubler
2020 Lycetts Team Champion Award, more than 40 horses in training, the winning team with JonJo O'Neill
New for 2020, the Farm & Stable Innovation and Wellbeing award was won by Jo Foster. This award focuses on enriching life within racehorse training yards and asks trainers to demonstrate how their business is changing, the steps they are taking to enhance the environment for staff.
Left - Jo Foster and her winning team.
To reflect the outstanding quality of the 2020 nominations, special awards for excellence were awarded as follows:
- Recruitment & Induction - Ralph Beckett, Eve Johnson Houghton
- Diversity - Richard Phillips, William Haggas
- Safe Working Environment - William Haggas, Bryan Smart
- Safeguarding & Pastoral Care - Ruth Carr, Suzy Smith
- Leadership - Ruth Carr, Richard Phillips, Suzy Smith
- Training and Development - Dan Kubler, Kim Bailey, George Scott, Rae Guest
- Reward & Recognition - Susan Corbett, Jonjo O'Neill
- Best Newcomer - Roger Charlton